PowerPoint is a program by Microsoft, and a part of its Microsoft Office System. It is widely use today for presentation purposes, simply because it is easy and simple to use. Millions of computers worldwide are using this program to impart their thoughts to their audience. There is also a wide selection of free PowerPoint presentations in the World Wide Web today that you can download for your use.
This program can be used whether to convince a company management to approved a department budget, to persuade target audience to purchase a product or service, to teach students about their lessons, and a lot more. Basically it is a tool for you to influence people to believe in what you have to say. Nowadays, a meeting will not be complete without a PowerPoint presentation. It is like going to your office meeting without your shoes on.
To have a better understanding of how to compose a simple yet effective PowerPoint presentation, you basically need to:
• Focus on the topic that you want to discuss.
• Create three essential key messages about your topic.
• Think of how you want to discuss your topic in a systematic way.
• Use background templates, clip arts, and sounds that are related to your topic.
• And lastly – “Less is More”, nobody ever complained of a presentation that is too short, if anything, people even remembers it more, than the ones that last several hours to a day, believe me.
Nowadays, it is quite expected that people are getting busier by the minute. They almost do not have time for anything. The irony of it all is that even with all the technological advancement that we enjoy today, that are supposed to make our life easier, we still find it hard to accomplish things in a timely manner. Not that technology is a bad thing, maybe it is just a matter of good time management.
In line with the time management issue, PowerPoint presentations can also be time consuming to do. Sometimes a few minutes of presentation, is actually done in several hours, days, or even weeks. The bulk of the work is actually the topic itself, you have to create a presentation about that topic that should be effective in convincing people.
Free PowerPoint Template and Backgrounds and a lot more
Several websites today offer free templates, backgrounds and other free stuffs in composing your PowerPoint presentations. Hundreds or even thousand are available in the World Wide Web for free. The beauty of it is that there are a lot to choose from, which will complement the topic of your choice, and the best thing about it is, it is absolutely FREE!
Here are some of the websites that offer free presentation templates, backgrounds, clip arts, sounds, graphics and a lot more. These sites even give free advice on how you can compose an effective PowerPoint presentation. Very useful indeed, and again it is very much free, so try it out:
•http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/knowledge-base/ - Free PowerPoint Templates,PowerPoint Backgrounds, PowerPoint Background Music and PowerPoint Tips
• http://www.pppst.com/themes.html – FREE Presentations in PowerPoint format (themes and topics)
• http://www.presentationhelper.co.uk/ – Presentation Helper – Free help, advice, and PowerPoint Templates
•http://powerpointfan.blogspot.com/ - Free PowerPoint Tips and Materials
• http://www.brainybetty.com/ – Free PowerPoint Backgrounds and PowerPoint Templates
•http://powerpointbackground.wordpress.com/ - Free PowerPoint Backgrounds and Templates
• http://www.templateswise.com/ – Free PowerPoint Templates and Backgrounds
• http://tutor2u.net/presentations.asp – Free Powerpoint Presentations for Students and Teachers