Microsoft does not allow you to insert the mp3 files into your powerpoint slides. In fact you will have to convert audio files into WAV format and then you can use those files for your powerpoint documents. But in this fast life who has time to convert the files firs and in fact you will have to download some software to convert these files.
So why not to use a simple Addin for MS Powerpoint to easily embed the mp3 files directly into your powerpoint slides.
MP3 AddIn internally adds a header and changes the file name of the MP3 file and makes PowerPoint “think” it is dealing with a WAV file. The biggest advantage of only rewriting the header of the MP3 file is the size. The new WAV file will be no more than 2 byte bigger than the original MP3 file. While a real file conversion will result in extreme file size changes.
With MP3 Addin you can still enjoy the benefits of MP3 files while keeping your presentation real small and neat. Second you need no longer to remember to attach the separate MP3 files with your presentation when sending it to customers or friends.
It’s easy as adding Sound from File. Simply choose MP3 from File and it works in the same way. No confusing settings on encoding or advanced streaming options or bit rates. Easy it shall be!
Screenshot from Offie 2003
Download --MP3 Addin for PowerPoint:
- Double click on the MP3AddIn.exe or .msi file
- The installation process starts showing a dialogue to remind the user to close any running applications
- Click Next
- On the next screen choose the program name and organization and click on the Next button
- Choose program installation path and click on Next
- If you have all correct click Next
- The installation of the program files starts and a dialogue is displayed saying the software was installed successfully
- Click Finish
- Enjoy MP3 AddIn