Have you ever thought of adding Youtube videos to your PowerPoint presentation to make it more attractive? Since there are abundant of online flash videos in many websites, many of which are funny and full of demonstrative element and so proper to be shown, is it possible to play these flash video in PowerPoint?
Yes. If the flash video can be played on your computer It is absolutely possible. And only with an ActiveX Control- Shockwave Flash Object, you can play Youtube video in your presentation with great ease.
Please make sure your computer can play flash video
If not, you need to download an Adobe Flash-player freely from http://www.adobe.com. If you have downloaded an old one, it is strongly recommended to download the newest one, uninstall the old one first then install the new one. This is because if you installed the Adobe Flash-player, the ActiveX Control Shockwave Flash Object would be installed automatically.
Step 1: Get URL of Youtube video
- Find the flash video in Youtube, click it to make sure it being played
- Copy the content in the box below" embed" and paste in a notepad, the value or embed src is the URL of the Youtube video. The interfaces are as follows:
Step 2: Insert the ActiveX Control Shockwave Flash Object to your PowerPoint
- Find the specific slide on which you want to play the video, and switch to edit mode
- In PowerPoint 2003:, Click the "View" tab in the menu bar, then choose "Toolbars" in sub-menu, later "Control Toolbox" to display" Control Toolbar"
In PowerPoint 2007: First turn on the Developer Tab on the Ribbon by clicking on the Microsoft logo at the top left of the window and selecting PowerPoint Options all the way at the bottom of the menu. Next put a check next to the unchecked item to show the Developer Tab.
- Click on the icon with the tools on "Control Toolbar", a cascaded list will appear, scroll down the list until get to Shockwave Flash Object item and click this item. Then the ActiveX Control is inserted successfully
Step 3: Add the Youtube video link to your PowerPoint
- Right click the ActiveX Control Shockwave Flash Object, select" Properties", there will pop up a window.
- On the " Alphabetic" tab in properties window, click the " movie" item, in the value column (the blank cell next to "Movie" ), input URL of the Youtube video.
Step 4: Fine tune YouTube video in your PowerPoint file
You can set specific options for how the video played in the slideshow, do the following, and when you have done, close the Properties dialog box.
- Since the video file from YouTube has a Start/Pause control built into it, if the Playing property is set to True,you can set it False to disable the Start/Pause control
- If you don't want the video be played repeatedly, in the Loop property, select False (click the cell to get a down arrow, click the arrow, and select False)
- In the EmbedMovie property, click True, you can embed this presentation to another computer. Of course, in order for the YouTube video to run, the Shockwave Flash Object control still need be registered on any computer that runs this presentation
- With the slide displayed in normal view, click the Slide Show button in the lower left of the PowerPoint window (or press F5, or, on the Slide Show menu, click View Show) to run the YouTube Video.
Then, you can play Youtube videos in your PowerPoint! Enjoy it!
Related:PowerPoint to DVD PowerPoint to Video PowerPoint to FLV